Thank you for your interest in DCANS Developments!
We regularly work with professional sub-contractors who are qualified and efficient in performing their services. Their knowledge, skill and professionalism are a vital resource, and we are deeply committed to maintaining strong working relationships that ultimately lead to our mutual success and to the success of our customers. Through extensive collaboration, DCANS Developments (DD) continues to deliver successful projects ensuring satisfied clients and valued repeat business for both DD and our subcontractors.
Our success as a builder is only possible with the support of great project partners. We take pride in our ability to assemble the best teams for our clients using highly-skilled and qualified subcontractors that share our commitment to quality and craftsmanship. We deliver superior facilities that are a win for our clients and all stakeholders involved. We are constantly seeking new subcontractors for projects that require Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) services as well as Construction. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all subcontractors qualified to work on DCANS Developments projects. See full list below.
If you have not yet worked with DCANS Developments, please click the link below to complete the prequalification form. Once we receive and approve your information, we will be in contact with you as soon as an opportunity becomes available.
DD is committed to being a good ally, and to helping ensure our subcontracting partners’ continued success — both on and off the jobsite. This means providing an environment where the safety of our workforce is paramount, open communication is encouraged, on-time payment is expected, and treating one another fairly, and with respect, is non-negotiable.
At DCANS Developments (DD), we consider our sub-contractors to be an extension of our company, and we take great pride in the level of safety, quality workmanship, and teamwork they exhibit. Please have your insurance company send a Certificate of Insurance naming DCANS Developments Ltd as the Certificate Holder and additional insured, after your information and application are approved.
Key areas we require
Small businesses play a vital role in every project we build and, by investing in their future, we not only strengthen our industry, but also the communities we serve. With each new venture DD undertakes, we identify key areas in which local and small business can contribute.
• Septic system installers - Install the septic tank, leaching system, and other components of the septic system, following the approved design of a sanitation engineer or qualified designer.
• Concrete - Set the formwork for a concrete foundation or slab, install the steel reinforcing, and lay the subsurface drainage pipe. Making sure the fresh concrete fills the forms without voids and finish slab surfaces as specified. Also to build concrete stairs, walkways, patios, retaining walls, and driveways. May also be required to offer other services such as waterproofing/damproofing of foundations, concrete cutting, concrete repair, and masonry work.
• Masons - Build block foundations and anything else using block or brick and mortar. That may include stairs, patios, walkways, retaining walls.
• Paving - Driveways, walkways, and patio made of concrete, asphalt, gravel, or “pavers” made of stone, concrete, or brick.
• Roofers - Prepare roofing surface with underlayment (asphalt-felt or alternative materials), along with special waterproofing membranes at the eaves and other areas prone to leakage. Install the roofing material: asphalt, metal, concrete, tile, wood, rubber, or composite. Sealing and flashing around openings and penetrations in the roof. May also be required to install roof ventilation where applicable.
• Plumbers - “Rough in” pipes that will be hidden. Install the water heater and plumbing fixtures. May also install water-treatment systems and hydronic (water or steam) heating systems.
• Electricians - Install the service panel and “rough in” the wires that will be hidden from view. Install the electrical switches, fixtures, and devices such as air conditioners and ceiling fans. They may also run wiring for cable TV and computer networks.
• Hvac - Stands for “heating, ventilation, and air conditioning,” which is what you may be required to install. This might include a whole-house ventilation system such as a heat-recovery ventilator (HRV).
• Plasterers - Self explanatory.
• Finish carpentry and cabinets - Install the interior trim around doors and windows, as well as baseboards, crown, chair-rail, and other moldings. May also install and trim out stairs, build shelves and other built-ins, and install kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
• Flooring - Install any of the following types of flooring. Ceramic tile, vinyl, wood, and carpeting.
• Painters - Prep work. Exterior work.
• Landscaping - Grass, trees, and shrubs, elaborate landscaping with stonework, terraces, and exotic plantings.
• Others - Home security, custom cabinets, fencing, decks and porches, garage doors, etc.
We look forward to working with you.